Experience the rich and satisfying flavors of Thai cuisine with our Thai Peanut Noodle Soup. This easy-to-follow recipe combines the warmth of a comforting soup with the bold and zesty taste of authentic Thai ingredients.
Thai Peanut Noodle Soup
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, sauté until fragrant.
- Add vegetable broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut butter, and brown sugar. Stir until well combined and bring to a simmer.
- Add shredded carrots, snow peas, red bell pepper, and bean sprouts to the pot. Cook for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir in cooked rice noodles and let simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and add red pepper flakes for a spicy kick if desired.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped cilantro and peanuts.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories 380, Fat 14g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 1200mg, Carbohydrates 55g, Fiber 6g, Sugar 10g, Protein 10g