A delightful Thai Basil Coconut Milk Soup that’s both aromatic and comforting. This flavorful soup combines the richness of coconut milk with the fragrance of basil, creating a harmonious blend of flavors.
Thai Basil Coconut Milk Soup
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 3-4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2-3 Thai red chilies, sliced
- 1-inch piece galangal, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup tofu, cubed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Handful of Thai basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil for cooking
- In a pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic, sliced galangal, and Thai red chilies. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in coconut milk and vegetable broth. Add lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, and bring to a gentle simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, tofu, soy sauce, and lime juice. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add Thai basil leaves and salt to taste. Stir well and let it simmer for a couple more minutes.
- Remove from heat, discard lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves, and serve hot. Garnish with additional basil leaves if desired.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Information: Calories: 280, Fat: 22g, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 8g