Enjoy the perfect blend of sweet and savory with our Teriyaki Glazed Pineapple Tofu recipe. This delightful dish is not only delicious but also vegan-friendly.
Teriyaki Glazed Pineapple Tofu
- 1 block of firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger to make the teriyaki sauce.
- Toss the tofu cubes and pineapple chunks in the teriyaki sauce until well coated. Let it marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water to create a slurry.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the marinated tofu and pineapple, cooking until golden brown.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, drizzle with any remaining teriyaki sauce, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tofu is crispy.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions before serving.
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories – 320kcal, Protein – 15g, Fat – 18g, Carbohydrates – 28g