This Teriyaki Ginger Tofu Stir Fry is a delightful combination of flavors and textures, perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. The tofu absorbs the delicious teriyaki and ginger marinade, making each bite burst with savory goodness.
Teriyaki Ginger Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 block (14 oz) firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey (or maple syrup), minced garlic, and grated ginger. Add the cubed tofu to marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add marinated tofu (reserving the marinade) and cook until golden brown on all sides. Remove tofu and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add a bit more oil if needed. Stir-fry the bell peppers, broccoli, and any other desired veggies until tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch-water slurry with the reserved marinade. Pour this mixture into the skillet with the vegetables. Stir and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cooked tofu back to the skillet, tossing gently to coat everything in the flavorful sauce.
- Serve the Teriyaki Ginger Tofu Stir Fry over cooked rice and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Nutritional information: Calories per serving: 320 | Total Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 680mg | Total Carbohydrates: 35g | Dietary Fiber: 6g | Sugars: 14g | Protein: 18g