A tantalizing fusion of teriyaki sweetness, zesty ginger, and tropical pineapple makes this Teriyaki Ginger Pineapple Chicken a culinary delight. Perfect for family dinners or impressing guests, this recipe brings a burst of flavor to your table.
Teriyaki Ginger Pineapple Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for cooking
- Sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Combine soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, grated ginger, minced garlic, honey, and sesame oil in a bowl to make the marinade.
- Place chicken breasts in a ziplock bag and pour half of the marinade over them. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or marinate overnight for maximum flavor.
- Preheat the grill or a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side or until fully cooked.
- In a separate pan, sauté pineapple chunks until they caramelize slightly.
- Warm the remaining marinade in a saucepan until it thickens slightly, then drizzle it over the cooked chicken.
- Serve the Teriyaki Ginger Pineapple Chicken over rice or with your favorite side dishes. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Prep Time: 40 minutes (including marination)
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories: 320 | Protein: 28g | Carbohydrates: 25g | Fat: 12g | Fiber: 3g