Indulge in the delightful flavors of homemade Sweet Potato Sage Gnocchi. This recipe combines the earthiness of sweet potatoes with the aromatic essence of sage, creating a dish that is both comforting and sophisticated.
Sweet Potato Sage Gnocchi
- 2 large sweet potatoes, baked and mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Peel and mash the baked sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg to the sweet potatoes. Mix until a dough forms.
- Divide the dough into small portions and roll each portion into a long rope.
- Cut the ropes into bite-sized pieces to form the gnocchi.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the gnocchi in batches until they float to the surface, then remove them with a slotted spoon.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped sage and sauté until fragrant.
- Toss the cooked gnocchi in the sage butter mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve the Sweet Potato Sage Gnocchi hot, sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories per serving – 320kcal, Fat – 8g, Carbohydrates – 55g, Protein – 9g