These Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadillas are a delightful mix of flavors and textures, blending sweet potatoes and hearty black beans with a blend of spices, all wrapped up in a warm tortilla.
Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadillas
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Boil the diced sweet potatoes until tender, then drain and mash them in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the black beans, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread a portion of the mashed sweet potatoes onto a tortilla, top with the black bean mixture and shredded cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top to create a sandwich.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, then cook the quesadilla for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Serve the quesadillas warm, optionally with salsa or sour cream for dipping.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving: Calories – 320, Fat – 12g, Carbohydrates – 45g, Protein – 10g