A delightful and flavorful Sweet and Sour Tofu Stir-Fry that combines the perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors. This vegan stir-fry is a quick and easy meal that will satisfy your taste buds.
Sweet and Sour Tofu Stir-Fry
- 1 package firm tofu, cubed
- 1 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Press tofu to remove excess water, then cut into cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, and cornstarch to make the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu cubes and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Add sliced bell peppers, pineapple chunks, sliced onion, and minced garlic to the pan. Stir-fry until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the tofu and vegetables. Stir to coat evenly and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the Sweet and Sour Tofu Stir-Fry over cooked rice, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 320, Fat: 14g, Carbohydrates: 40g, Protein: 12g