Sweet and Sour Tamarind Tofu is a vibrant and flavorful dish perfect for vegans and tofu enthusiasts alike. The combination of tangy tamarind sauce with the crispy texture of tofu creates a delightful culinary experience.
Sweet and Sour Tamarind Tofu
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, mix tamarind paste, soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch.
- Coat tofu cubes with the tamarind mixture.
- Place the tofu on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy.
- In a pan, heat vegetable oil, add the baked tofu, and sauté until the sauce thickens and coats the tofu evenly.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped green onions on top for garnish.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 240 | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Fiber: 3g