A delightful blend of sweet and tangy flavors combined with crispy tofu and juicy pineapple chunks make this Sweet and Sour Pineapple Tofu a must-try dish!
Sweet and Sour Pineapple Tofu
- 1 block (14 oz) extra-firm tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked rice for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, and cornstarch until well combined to make the sauce.
- Place the tofu cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle some oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes until crispy.
- In a pan over medium heat, add a little oil. Sauté the garlic and onions until fragrant.
- Add the bell peppers and pineapple chunks. Cook for a few minutes until slightly tender.
- Pour in the sauce mixture, stirring continuously until it thickens and coats the veggies and pineapple.
- Add the baked tofu to the pan, gently toss to coat everything with the sauce.
- Simmer for a few more minutes until heated through.
- Serve the Sweet and Sour Pineapple Tofu over cooked rice.
Total time: 45 minutes
Serving size: 4 servings
Nutritional information: Calories per serving – 320kcal, Fat – 12g, Carbohydrates – 40g, Protein – 16g