Savor the flavor with these delectable Stuffed Cabbage Rolls. A classic dish that never fails to impress, each bite is a delightful combination of savory filling and tender cabbage leaves.
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1 large cabbage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Core the cabbage and carefully place it in the boiling water. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the leaves are pliable. Remove from water and let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cooked rice, chopped onion, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Carefully peel off cabbage leaves and place a portion of the filling in each leaf. Roll them up, tucking in the sides, to form cabbage rolls.
- In a baking dish, mix crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beef broth. Place the cabbage rolls in the dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender.
- Serve hot, drizzled with sour cream.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 50 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories – 320, Fat – 15g, Carbohydrates – 25g, Protein – 20g