A delightful combination of bold flavors and textures, this Spicy Szechuan Tofu Stir-Fry is a quick and satisfying dish that will add a kick to your dinner table.
Spicy Szechuan Tofu Stir-Fry
- 1 package firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Cooked rice for serving
- Press the tofu to remove excess water, then cut it into cubes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu cubes and Szechuan peppercorns, stir-frying until tofu is golden brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, and vegetables. Stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and Sriracha. Pour over the tofu and vegetables, tossing to coat evenly.
- Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Serve over cooked rice, garnished with sliced green onions.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 320, Fat: 18g, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 15g