Experience the bold flavors of Korea with our Spicy Korean BBQ Tofu Bowls. This dish combines the heat of Korean spices with the savory goodness of tofu, creating a mouthwatering explosion of taste. Whether you’re a spice enthusiast or just looking to try something new, these bowls are sure to delight your taste buds.
Spicy Korean BBQ Tofu Bowls
- 1 block of firm tofu, cubed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Press the tofu to remove excess water, then cut it into cubes.
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, gochujang, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger to make the marinade.
- Marinate the tofu cubes in the sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and cook the marinated tofu until golden brown on all sides.
- Assemble the bowls by placing a serving of rice in each bowl, topped with tofu, shredded cabbage, julienned carrots, and sliced green onions.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories 350, Total Fat 15g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 1200mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 8g, Protein 12g