A delightful dish of Spaghetti with Kale Pesto – a vibrant and healthy twist on traditional pasta!
Spaghetti with Kale Pesto
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 3 cups kale leaves, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Blanch the kale leaves in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Remove and immediately place in ice water to stop cooking. Drain and pat dry.
- In a food processor, combine the blanched kale, basil, pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the cooked spaghetti with the kale pesto until well coated.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Nutritional Information: Calories per serving – 380kcal, Total Fat – 18g, Carbohydrates – 45g, Protein – 12g