Warm your soul with our delicious Southwestern Black Bean Stew. Packed with flavor and nutrients, this stew is a perfect blend of spices and wholesome ingredients. Try it tonight and experience the taste of the Southwest!
Southwestern Black Bean Stew
- 2 cups dried black beans, soaked overnight
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add diced onion, bell peppers, and garlic. Sauté until vegetables are softened.
- Add soaked black beans, diced tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour in vegetable broth and bring the stew to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve hot, garnished with your favorite toppings like avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Cook Time: 2 hours
Yields: 6 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories per serving – 320kcal, Protein – 15g, Fat – 8g, Carbohydrates – 50g