A zesty, flavorful delight for Mexican cuisine lovers, these Smoky Chipotle Black Bean Burritos pack a punch in every bite. The combination of smoky chipotle with hearty black beans wrapped in a warm tortilla makes for a perfect meal any day.
Smoky Chipotle Black Bean Burritos
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Sour cream, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the black beans, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until heated through and flavors combine.
- Warm the tortillas in a skillet or microwave. Place a generous scoop of the black bean mixture onto each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, and fold the sides over the filling.
- Heat a clean skillet over medium heat. Place the burritos seam-side down on the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned and crispy.
- Remove from heat and serve hot, garnished with sour cream, diced tomatoes, and chopped cilantro if desired.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving: Calories – 320, Fat – 12g, Carbohydrates – 40g, Protein – 14g