Sesame Soy Ginger Glazed Tofu is a delightful dish, combining the richness of tofu with the savory flavors of sesame, soy, and ginger.
Sesame Soy Ginger Glazed Tofu
- 1 block firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the tofu into cubes and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar, grated ginger, and minced garlic to create the glaze.
- Brush the tofu cubes generously with the glaze, making sure each piece is coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping the tofu halfway through, until golden and slightly crispy.
- While the tofu is baking, mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl to create a slurry.
- In a saucepan, heat the remaining glaze over medium heat. Once it starts simmering, add the cornstarch slurry and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Once the tofu is done, remove it from the oven and drizzle with the thickened glaze.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and sliced green onions on top for garnish.
- Serve your Sesame Soy Ginger Glazed Tofu over rice or noodles. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving: Calories: 220, Fat: 12g, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 14g