A delightful blend of sesame and orange flavors, creating a vibrant stir fry that’s both zesty and satisfying.
Sesame Orange Glazed Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- Sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and honey. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add tofu cubes and cook until golden brown on each side. Remove tofu from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add bell pepper and snow peas. Sauté until slightly tender.
- Return the tofu to the pan. Pour the prepared sauce over the tofu and vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with a tablespoon of water to create a slurry. Stir it into the pan to thicken the sauce.
- Cook for a few minutes until the sauce coats everything nicely.
- Serve hot, garnished with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Nutritional information: (Per serving) Calories: 280, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 680mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 12g