Delight your taste buds with these Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers. They’re a nutritious, flavorful, and easy-to-make dish that satisfies both vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers, any color
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a fine-mesh sieve.
- In a saucepan, combine quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the quinoa mixture and place them in a baking dish. If using cheese, sprinkle it on top of each stuffed pepper.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional information (per serving): Calories: 320, Total Fat: 6g, Carbohydrates: 55g, Fiber: 12g, Protein: 14g