These Orange Maple Glazed Carrot Coins are a delightful combination of sweetness and earthiness. The maple syrup adds a rich, caramelized flavor that perfectly complements the natural sweetness of the carrots. This easy-to-make side dish is a crowd-pleaser and a great addition to your holiday table.
Orange Maple Glazed Carrot Coins
- 2 pounds of fresh carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the maple syrup, orange juice, butter, and orange zest. Stir until the butter is melted, and the mixture is well combined.
- Place the sliced carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet. Pour the glaze over the carrots, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- Season the carrots with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the carrots are tender and caramelized, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 120, Fat: 4g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 1g