A delicious fusion of citrusy orange, zesty ginger, and nutty sesame flavors make this Orange Ginger Sesame Tofu a must-try for any tofu enthusiast.
Orange Ginger Sesame Tofu
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cooking oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Press the tofu to remove excess water, then cut it into cubes.
- In a bowl, mix orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, grated ginger, and minced garlic to create the marinade.
- Marinate the tofu cubes in the mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water to create a slurry.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying.
- Dip each marinated tofu cube into the cornstarch slurry and then coat with sesame seeds.
- Fry the tofu cubes until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain excess oil on paper towels and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: (Per Serving) Calories: 280, Fat: 18g, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 16g