Indulge in the rich and savory flavors of Mushroom Marsala Risotto, a delightful dish that combines the earthiness of mushrooms with the depth of Marsala wine. This recipe is a perfect harmony of creamy texture and robust taste.
Mushroom Marsala Risotto
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (shiitake or cremini)
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth, warm
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic, sauté until softened.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the pan and cook until they release their moisture and become golden brown.
- Stir in Arborio rice and cook for 1-2 minutes until the rice is lightly toasted.
- Pour in the Marsala wine and cook until it’s mostly evaporated.
- Begin adding warm vegetable broth, one ladle at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to be absorbed before adding more.
- Continue this process until the rice is creamy and cooked to al dente, about 18-20 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories per serving – 380, Fat – 12g, Carbohydrates – 54g, Protein – 15g