Discover the exotic flavors of Morocco with this delightful Moroccan Spiced Quinoa Pilaf. This dish is a perfect blend of fragrant spices, fluffy quinoa, and a medley of vegetables that will transport your taste buds to North Africa. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a cooking enthusiast, this recipe is sure to impress.
Moroccan Spiced Quinoa Pilaf
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (mix of colors)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add minced garlic, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground cinnamon, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa and cook for 3-4 minutes to toast it slightly.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork and stir in diced carrots, diced bell peppers, raisins, cilantro, and parsley. Cook for an additional 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary and serve the Moroccan Spiced Quinoa Pilaf with lemon wedges on the side.
Total Time: 35 minutes
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories 320, Fat 6g, Carbohydrates 58g, Protein 10g