A delightful journey to the vibrant flavors of Morocco, this Moroccan Spice Lentil Tagine is a warm and comforting dish that will transport you to the bustling markets of Marrakech. Packed with aromatic spices and wholesome lentils, it’s a perfect addition to your culinary repertoire.
Moroccan Spice Lentil Tagine
- 2 cups dried green lentils
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Start by rinsing the lentils under cold water and set them aside.
- In a large pot, sauté the chopped onion and garlic until they are soft and golden.
- Add the lentils, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, carrots, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, salt, and pepper to the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Once cooked, adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve the tagine hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information: (Per Serving) Calories: 280, Protein: 18g, Carbohydrates: 50g, Fat: 2g, Fiber: 12g