Experience the exotic flavors of Morocco with this delightful Moroccan Quinoa and Apricot Pilaf. The combination of aromatic spices, fluffy quinoa, and sweet apricots creates a dish that’s not only delicious but also nutritious.
Moroccan Quinoa and Apricot Pilaf
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, rinse the quinoa under cold water.
- In the same saucepan, combine quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until softened.
- Add minced garlic, ground cumin, ground coriander, and cinnamon to the skillet. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cooked quinoa, chopped dried apricots, and slivered almonds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5-7 minutes or until the pilaf is heated through.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 320, Fat: 10g, Carbohydrates: 50g, Fiber: 7g, Protein: 9g