Warm your soul with this flavorful Moroccan-inspired lentil soup. Packed with aromatic spices and wholesome ingredients, it’s a comforting dish that’s both nutritious and delicious.
Moroccan-Inspired Lentil Soup
- 2 cups dried green lentils
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Wash the lentils under cold water and set aside.
- In a large pot, sauté the diced onion, carrots, and garlic until softened.
- Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cinnamon. Stir to coat the vegetables in the spices.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and add the lentils. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed and serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories: 250, Protein: 15g, Carbohydrates: 40g, Fat: 3g