Warm up your taste buds with this flavorful Moroccan-Inspired Chickpea Stew. Packed with aromatic spices and wholesome ingredients, this stew is a perfect blend of comfort and exotic flavors. Let’s dive into the deliciousness!
Moroccan-Inspired Chickpea Stew
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, sauté until fragrant.
- Add bell pepper, carrots, and spices (cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, salt, and pepper). Stir well.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, chickpeas, and dried apricots. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes until flavors meld together.
- Adjust seasoning if needed and serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 320, Protein: 10g, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrates: 55g, Fiber: 12g