Experience the bold flavors of Morocco with these delicious Harissa Chicken Skewers. The perfect blend of spices and succulent chicken makes this recipe a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
Moroccan Harissa Chicken Skewers
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons Harissa paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Lemon wedges for serving
- In a bowl, combine Harissa paste, olive oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, salt, and pepper to create a marinade.
- Add chicken pieces to the marinade, ensuring they are well-coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Thread marinated chicken pieces onto the soaked skewers.
- Grill the skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and has a nice char.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with lemon wedges.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Marinating Time: 2 hours or overnight | Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories: 320 | Protein: 28g | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fat: 20g | Fiber: 2g