Experience the rich flavors of Morocco with this delightful Moroccan Chickpea Couscous. It’s a perfect blend of spices and textures that will transport you to the vibrant streets of Marrakech. Give it a try and embark on a culinary journey!
Moroccan Chickpea Couscous
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine couscous with 2 cups of boiling water. Cover and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork to separate the grains.
- In a separate bowl, mix chickpeas, tomatoes, red bell pepper, cilantro, mint, raisins, olive oil, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chickpea mixture to the couscous and toss gently to combine.
- Serve the Moroccan Chickpea Couscous warm, garnished with additional herbs if desired.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: (Per Serving)