Brighten your day with the zesty goodness of Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. This easy recipe yields a delightful batch of moist and citrusy muffins that are perfect for breakfast or a sweet treat any time of the day.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease or line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter, yogurt, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 18-20 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories 260, Total Fat 14g, Saturated Fat 8g, Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 16g, Protein 4g.