A flavorful and healthy dish, Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus, combines the natural taste of asparagus with the tangy zest of lemon and savory garlic-infused shrimp.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and cook until they turn pink, usually 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add asparagus to the same skillet and cook until tender-crisp, about 4-5 minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet with asparagus. Pour lemon juice over the mixture.
- Sprinkle lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together until well combined.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve the Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus immediately and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories: 240, Fat: 14g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 24g