This Herbed Brown Rice Pilaf is a culinary delight that brings together the wholesome goodness of brown rice and the aromatic blend of fresh herbs. Elevate your dining experience with this flavorful and nutritious side dish.
Herbed Brown Rice Pilaf
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add minced garlic, dried thyme, and dried rosemary. Sauté for an additional minute until fragrant.
- Stir in brown rice, coating it with the aromatic mixture.
- Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fluff the rice with a fork.
Total time: 60 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories – 220, Fat – 5g, Carbohydrates – 40g, Protein – 4g