Bring the tropical flavors to your table with these delicious Hawaiian BBQ Jackfruit Sliders. The combination of sweet and savory barbecue sauce with the unique texture of jackfruit makes these sliders a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
Hawaiian BBQ Jackfruit Sliders
- 2 cans young jackfruit, drained and shredded
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slider buns
- Sliced red onion and fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded jackfruit, pineapple chunks, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well to coat the jackfruit evenly.
- Spread the jackfruit mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the jackfruit is slightly crispy at the edges.
- Toast the slider buns in the oven for a few minutes.
- Assemble the sliders by placing a generous portion of the jackfruit mixture on the bottom half of each bun. Top with sliced red onion and fresh cilantro.
- Cover with the top half of the bun and secure with toothpicks if needed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your Hawaiian BBQ Jackfruit Sliders!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 sliders
Nutritional Information (per slider): Calories: 220, Fat: 2g, Carbohydrates: 45g, Protein: 4g