Experience the taste of Greece with our exquisite Greek Stuffed Tomatoes with Orzo recipe. These juicy tomatoes are filled with a delightful mixture of orzo, herbs, and spices, creating a mouthwatering dish that will transport you to the Mediterranean.
Greek Stuffed Tomatoes with Orzo
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds and pulp. Sprinkle the insides with salt and set aside.
- Cook the orzo according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Add feta cheese, olives, parsley, oregano, and minced garlic to the orzo. Season with salt and pepper, then mix well.
- Stuff each tomato with the orzo mixture, pressing down gently to pack it in.
- Place the stuffed tomatoes in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories 220, Fat 8g, Carbohydrates 30g, Protein 8g