A refreshing and nutritious salad perfect for any occasion. Loaded with orzo pasta, fresh spinach, tangy feta cheese, and olives, this Greek-inspired dish brings a burst of Mediterranean flavors to your table.
Greek Orzo Spinach Salad
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh oregano for garnish (optional)
- Cook orzo pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked orzo, chopped spinach, cherry tomatoes, red onion, Kalamata olives, and crumbled feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.
- Garnish with fresh oregano if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 4-6 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 280, Fat: 12g, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 9g