Experience the flavorful delights of Greece with these Greek-inspired Stuffed Peppers. Packed with a medley of savory ingredients and spices, this dish will transport you to the shores of the Mediterranean.
Greek-inspired Stuffed Peppers
- 6 large bell peppers, any color
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the quinoa mixture and place them in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the stuffed peppers lightly with olive oil.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes until the peppers are tender.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes to lightly brown the tops.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with extra chopped parsley or crumbled feta if desired.
Total Time: 50 minutes
Serving Size: 6 stuffed peppers
Nutritional information: Calories per serving – 280 | Fat – 10g | Carbohydrates – 35g | Protein – 12g