Warm up with this delightful Cumin Spiced Carrot Soup that’s a perfect balance of flavors, combining the sweetness of carrots with the warmth of cumin.
Cumin Spiced Carrot Soup
- 6 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook until translucent.
- Add minced garlic, ground cumin, and ground ginger. Stir and cook for another minute.
- Add chopped carrots and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender (about 20-25 minutes).
- Once the carrots are soft, use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer the soup in batches to a blender and blend until smooth. Be cautious with hot liquids.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro if desired.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional information: Calories per serving – 150kcal, Fat – 8g, Carbohydrates – 18g, Protein – 2g