Indulge in the rich and flavorful delight of Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken Soup. This exquisite soup combines the creaminess of coconut milk with the zesty kick of lime, creating a culinary masterpiece that is both comforting and refreshing.
Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken Soup
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic, sautÃ© until fragrant.
- Add chicken breasts to the pot, cooking until browned on all sides.
- Pour in coconut milk, chicken broth, lime juice, and ground ginger. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Add diced bell pepper and let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pot, shred with forks, and return to the soup.
- Stir in baby spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional lime slices and fresh cilantro if desired.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 350, Fat: 20g, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 30g