Indulge in the rich flavors of Classic Beef Stroganoffâ€”a dish that marries succulent beef with a luscious, velvety sauce. This timeless recipe is a true crowd-pleaser, earning it a stellar rating of 4.8 out of 5 from a whopping 6542 reviews!
Classic Beef Stroganoff
- 1. 1 lb beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 2. 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3. 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4. 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 5. 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6. 1 cup beef broth
- 7. 2 tbsp flour
- 8. 1 cup sour cream
- 9. Salt and pepper to taste
- 10. Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add sliced beef and cook until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sautÃ© onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and garlic, cooking until mushrooms are tender.
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Slowly pour in beef broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Return the cooked beef to the pan. Stir in sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through.
- Serve the stroganoff over egg noodles or rice, garnished with fresh parsley.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories – 480, Fat – 32g, Carbohydrates – 18g, Protein – 30g