Experience a burst of citrus flavors with our delightful Citrus Infused Quinoa Pilaf. This wholesome dish combines the nuttiness of quinoa with the zesty notes of citrus, creating a perfect harmony for your taste buds.
Citrus Infused Quinoa Pilaf
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water and drain.
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped almonds and toast until golden brown.
- Fluff the cooked quinoa with a fork and transfer it to a large bowl. Add orange zest, orange juice, lemon zest, lemon juice, toasted almonds, dried cranberries, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories – 250kcal, Protein – 8g, Carbohydrates – 35g, Fat – 10g