Indulge in the warm, comforting flavors of our Cinnamon Apple Galette. This rustic dessert features a buttery, flaky crust cradling sweet apple slices, all kissed with a hint of cinnamon. It’s a delightful treat that captures the essence of fall in every bite.
Cinnamon Apple Galette
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat your oven to 375Â°F (190Â°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pie crust on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced apples, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Toss until the apples are evenly coated.
- Arrange the apple mixture in the center of the pie crust, leaving a border around the edges.
- Dot the apples with small pieces of butter.
- Fold the edges of the pie crust over the apple filling, creating a rustic, free-form shape.
- Brush the crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Allow the galette to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy it on its own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories per serving – 280, Fat – 12g, Carbohydrates – 40g, Protein – 2g