This Cilantro Lime Black Bean Burger recipe brings together the freshness of cilantro and lime with the heartiness of black beans, creating a flavorful vegetarian delight.
Cilantro Lime Black Bean Burger
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 burger buns
- Toppings of your choice (lettuce, tomato, avocado, etc.)
- In a mixing bowl, mash the black beans until mostly smooth.
- Add bread crumbs, chopped cilantro, minced garlic, cumin, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and pepper to the mashed beans. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into four portions and shape each into a patty.
- Heat a skillet or grill over medium heat. Cook the patties for 4-5 minutes on each side until they are heated through and have a crispy exterior.
- Toast the burger buns lightly, if desired.
- Assemble the burgers by placing the black bean patties on the buns and adding your favorite toppings.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information: (per serving)
Calories: 280 | Total Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 480mg | Total Carbohydrates: 51g | Fiber: 9g | Sugars: 4g | Protein: 13g