Cauliflower Piccata is a vegetarian twist on the classic Italian dish. With a golden and crispy cauliflower coated in a tangy piccata sauce, this recipe is a flavorful and satisfying option for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400Â°F (200Â°C).
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower florets with flour, salt, and pepper until well coated.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Add minced garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth, lemon juice, and capers. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley over the cauliflower before serving.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories: 220, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 8g