Savor the bold flavors of the South with our Cajun Blackened Catfish Fillets. This easy-to-make dish brings the perfect balance of spices and tenderness to your table. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a home cook, this recipe will surely become a favorite.
Cajun Blackened Catfish Fillets
- 4 catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, mix Cajun seasoning, paprika, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture evenly over both sides of each catfish fillet.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the catfish fillets for 2 minutes on each side until blackened.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the catfish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs if desired.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 280, Fat: 14g, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 34g