Warm up your autumn evenings with the comforting flavors of Butternut Squash Soup with Sage. This velvety soup combines the sweetness of butternut squash with the earthy aroma of sage, creating a delightful and nutritious treat for your taste buds.
Butternut Squash Soup with Sage
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional for added creaminess)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic, sautéing until softened.
- Add diced butternut squash and dried sage to the pot. Season with salt and pepper, then cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth, bringing the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Using a blender, puree the soup until smooth. Return it to the pot and stir in heavy cream if desired.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with a sprinkle of fresh sage leaves.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 180, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 2g