Creamy and comforting, this Butternut Squash Risotto is a delightful autumn dish that captures the essence of fall in every bite.
Butternut Squash Risotto
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth, warm
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh sage leaves for garnish
- Heat the vegetable broth in a saucepan and keep it warm.
- In a large pan, sauté the chopped onion in butter until translucent.
- Add the Arborio rice and garlic, stirring until the rice is lightly toasted.
- Pour in the white wine and cook until it evaporates.
- Begin adding the warm vegetable broth one ladle at a time, stirring constantly.
- Add the diced butternut squash and continue adding broth until the rice is creamy and cooked al dente.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh sage leaves and an extra sprinkle of Parmesan.
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories per serving – 350, Fat – 12g, Carbohydrates – 50g, Protein – 10g