Savor the flavors of Mexico with our mouthwatering Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas. This easy-to-follow recipe combines the richness of black beans, the sweetness of corn, and the perfect blend of spices, all wrapped in warm tortillas. A crowd-pleaser that’s perfect for family dinners or entertaining guests.
Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, 1/2 cup of cheese, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place a tortilla on a flat surface, spoon the bean mixture onto the center, and roll it up. Place it seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Repeat for the remaining tortillas.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh cilantro, and serve hot.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 enchiladas
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories 320, Fat 12g, Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 780mg, Carbohydrate 40g, Fiber 8g, Sugars 3g, Protein 14g