A mouthwatering BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Sandwich that will delight your taste buds with its savory and smoky flavors.
BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Sandwich
- 2 cans (20 oz each) young green jackfruit, drained and shredded
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- Coleslaw for topping (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic, sauté until translucent.
- Add shredded jackfruit to the pan, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour in barbecue sauce, stirring to coat the jackfruit evenly. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until jackfruit is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the hamburger buns in the oven or on a grill.
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing a generous portion of BBQ pulled jackfruit on each bun.
- Top with coleslaw if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 350, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrates: 65g, Protein: 5g