A perfect blend of fresh basil pesto and juicy tomatoes, this tart is a crowd-pleaser. The crispy crust complements the flavors, making it a delightful dish for any occasion.
Basil Pesto and Tomato Tart
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out the pie crust and press it into a tart pan, trimming any excess.
- In a food processor, combine basil, Parmesan, pine nuts, and garlic. Pulse until finely chopped.
- With the processor running, slowly add the olive oil until the mixture forms a smooth pesto.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the pesto evenly over the pie crust.
- Arrange halved cherry tomatoes on top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 22g, Saturated Fat 6g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 1g, Protein 8g