A delightful twist on classic risotto, this Basil Parmesan Quinoa Risotto combines the nuttiness of quinoa with the aromatic flavors of basil and Parmesan cheese.
Basil Parmesan Quinoa Risotto
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add quinoa to the saucepan and toast for a few minutes.
- Gradually add vegetable broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently until absorbed.
- Continue this process until quinoa is cooked and creamy, usually about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese and chopped basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional basil leaves and Parmesan, if desired.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional information: (Per serving) Calories: 320, Fat: 12g, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 18g